Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Out of the Box


Finally I am Out of the Box!!

On July first I was folded, put into a plastic bag, and then a dark box. From the queasy feelings I have been having, I was either on a boat or plane for a long time. Today I stopped moving and all of a sudden I could see light!!

Oh, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Black Pepper. I am a Bara Barn knot shawl (otherwise known as a short wrap or Rebozo) from Sweden. I am black with a beautiful purple stripe running down one side, and I am 2.75 meters long (that is 9 feet for you Americans!).

I am told that I will get to travel the world, going to different babywearing and
NINO groups to help promote the art of babywearing. What better life could a sling ask for, I was made to carry babies!! I feel so honored to be able to get to carry so many.

Karen (the nice lady who let me out of the box) says this weekend I will make my debut by traveling to Frederick, Maryland, USA to attend the Birthing Circle festival. I hope to see many other types of slings there too!! I snuck a quick carry in with baby Bell and her big brother Austin before going (they are so cute).

I hope you come back and read about my adventures in Maryland and all over the world, and maybe we will get to meet in person someday soon.


Keep on Babywearing,
Black Pepper

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, that Bara Barn Black Pepper looks so pretty! I can't wait to hear how the Birthing Circle Festival goes. Take lots of pictures for us!

6:16 AM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home