Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Marvelous Maryland, USA

What a fun weekend! Hey, there I am, second from the left. I must be very comfortable, because baby Bell is fast asleep in there!!

I spent Saturday at the pavilion in Frederick Maryland, USA. The Birthing Circle event was so much fun. There was a walk to promote breastfeeding, lots of raffles and prizes, and even music. It was a very HOT day, but the people kept cool with lots of cold water.
I got to share the day with other wraps, ring slings, Mei Tai's, and even an Onbuhimo!

There were even dads carrying their babies around!! I love to get used by dads as well as moms, even grandparents and caregivers. It was so fun to see so many babywearing parents in one place.

There were parents and babies from the local
NINO group there to see me and try me on. And some moms-to-be came to learn about their birthing options, and got to try on some carriers from the vendors who were there as well!

It's hard for me to understand, but some people actually like to carry their babies in carriers other than wraps!! If you want to learn more about different types of baby carriers, you can see information about me and others at
The Babywearer.

Well, I'm told I have to go back into the stuffy plastic bag again now, ugh!! Karen tells me it will not be for too long, and when I get out again I will be at a new home with more babies to carry, yeah!!!
So long for now, come back to find out where I go next...
Keep on carrying,
Black Pepper

2 Comments:

Blogger Zelia M Evora said...

Beautiful photos... I wish i was there:)

Lot of love
Zelia - Portugal

5:03 PM, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! I am in that picture! lol! It was a great day and what an awesome project. :)

12:32 AM, January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home