Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Traveling wraps have traveled to Paducah, KY



Inka: Woohoo! We made it to Paducah, KY!! I must say it was quite a trip. Being packed in a box with you two for a few days wasn'’t too bad but it'’s nice to be able to stretch out.

NINO Blue Jeans: I agree. You two are great company but I really enjoyed hanging out with all those adorable babies at the Western KY NINO meeting.

Black Pepper: While I didn'’t get a chance to get worn at the meeting, I did enjoy meeting some new friends, like Didymos and Hot Mama.



NINO Blue Jeans: The meeting was great. I got to carry 15 month old Colin in a back wrap cross carry. Let me tell you, Colin'’s mama, Danielle, made the whole thing look effortless. Of course, I think I had something to do with that also.

Inka: Oh, enough bragging out of you. It'’s my turn. I had fun helping Jill and 13 month old Nolan practice their back wrap cross carry also. Jill has been a little leery of doing them in public and without a mirror but having the use of my stripes helped her out a lot. She was able to distinguish which rail she was pulling on and now she'’s practically a pro.

Black Pepper: Since I didn'’t get to make the trip around Paducah, I'’m eager to hear about it. I was sorry to miss out but I got to make a few grocery store trips with Nolan. It was his first time riding in a Bara Barn so I'’m glad I got to experience that with him. I think he really enjoyed it. It wasn'’t 5 minutes before he was snuggled down and fast asleep.

Inka: Awww. I love it when we'’re able to put babies to sleep.

NINO Blue Jeans: Me too. When we were walking around the city, 15 month old Colin was on the verge of falling asleep but he fought it well.

Inka: Paducah is such a pretty town. I loved the view of the Ohio and Mississippi river. It was very serene and beautiful.



Black Pepper: Well, from what I saw from inside the van, I agree. The river area was pretty.



NINO Blue Jeans: My favorite place we visited was the flood wall murals. It had so many interesting pictures depicting the history of western Kentucky.





Inka: Not to mention, the colorful wall matched my stripes.



Black Pepper: (rolls eyes) Go on...

Inka: Ok, fine. I loved looking at the old historic steam engine!

NINO Blue Jeans: Oh, you only liked it because the black train showed off your bright colors.

Inka: Can I help it if I look great in all situations?



NINO Blue Jeans: Anyway, I had a lot of fun in Kentucky but I'm so eager to travel to Canada!

Black Pepper: Me too! I'’ve never been out of the country before.

Inka: We better get some sleep now. I hear we'’re leaving really early in the morning. Goodbye, Kentucky!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen - HandsFreeBaby said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time!! Love the post.
Karen

9:15 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Kristin said...

Love all the great pics!

9:45 PM, October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home